3M™ ScotchPad™ Tape Pad 3750P is a pre-cut pad formed with layered, high performance tape sheets featuring durable 3M™ Scotchpro™ film backing that is strong, conformable, and resistant to impact shock. Tape sheets are coated with an aggressive adhesive to provide excellent holding power to many surfaces. Each piece of tape is coupled with a strip of liner material for easy handling and application, without the need for a dispenser.
• Release liner tab. • Pre-cut individual sheets. • 25 layered sheets to each back sheet. • Strong, abrasion resistant. • Weather resistant and long aging. • Easy removal of a single sheet. • Easy removal of liner upon application. • Portable and lightweight. • Convenient and space-saving. • Dust-free adhesive surface. • Exact replication. • Helps prevent labels from being scuffed off. • Guards information against weather damage. • High visibility or label legend. • Helps prevent labels from yellowing or drying out during normal label life. • Holds tight to most cartons and containers. • Protects and allows for bar code read. • Proper positioning and wrinkle-free application. • Quick, efficient usage. • Easy to carry sheets in pad form. • Easy to store in pockets, drawers and on desk tops. • Secure, consistent applications. • Labor saving.
Technical Information Note The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification purposes.
Typical Physical Properties Available:
25 Sheets Per Pad
40 Pads per Carton
5 Cartons per Case
200 Pads per Case
5000 Applications per Case
Color Transparent, tan
Total Tape Thickness 0.079 mm 3.1 mil ASTM D3652 Backing Thickness 0.051 mm 2 mil ASTM D3652 Backing 3M™ Scotchpro™ biaxially oriented polypropylene film
Adhesive Pressure sensitive hot melt rubber resin
Holding Power to Fiberboard 12,000+ min ASTM D3654 Typical Performance Characteristics
Peel Adhesion 6 N/cm 55 oz/in ASTM D3330 Stainless Steel
Elongation at Break 160 % ASTM D3759
Tensile Strength Test Condition 61.3 N/cm 35 lb/in Machine Direction 122.6 N/cm 70 lb/in Cross Direction
Standard Size: 2 in x 6 in
Application Techniques 3M™ ScotchPad™ Tape Pad 3750P should be removed one at a time by grasping the end with a liner and pulling the sheet free from the pad. Place the far end of the sheet in the desired location and allow the sheet to adhere from that end back to the tabbed end. Flip out the tab and press the whole sheet flat. The pad can be adhered in a convenient location when the back sheet of the pad is peeled away and the pad is placed on a vertical surface or on a table, then only one hand is needed to dispense tape sheets for use. Application of ScotchPad Tape Pad 3750P is easiest at room temperature. At colder temperatures, approaching 32°F (0°C), the adhesive becomes more firm. Once applied, tape sheets perform well throughout the normal temperature ranges typically encountered by packaged products in shipping and storage environments.
Storage and Shelf Life Store in a clean, dry place. Temperature of 40-80°F (4-26°C) and 40-50% relative humidity are recommended. To obtain best performance, use this product within 18 months from date of manufacture.
0.002 in. (0.05 mm) thick adhesive transfer tape Tape is reverse wound on 1-inch diameter cores for use in Scotch ATG dispensers.
• ATG tapes are a reverse wound version of standard 3M Adhesive Transfer and Double Coated tapes for use in the Scotch® ATG hand-held dispensers. Comparable 3M tape is 3M ATT Tape 465
Note: The user should carefully evaluate the product under actual use conditions to determine whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
Technical Information Note
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification purposes.
Typical Physical Properties
Total Tape Thickness without liner 0.05 mm 2 mil Adhesive 400
Adhesive Carrier N/A
Release Liner Tan Paper DK with Red Plaid Leader
Liner Thickness 0.10 mm 4 mil Note DK = densified kraft Adhesive System 400 is a medium-firm acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive system. It features an excellent balance of good initial adhesion (quick stick) and good shear holding power. Typical Performance Characteristics Property Values Method Substrate 90° Peel Adhesion 2.7 N/cm 25 oz/in ASTM D3330 Stainless Steel Solvent Resistance Good
UV Resistance Excellent
Relative High Temperature Operating Ranges Test Condition 121 °C 250 °F Short Term (minutes, hours) 82 °C 180 °F Long Term (days, weeks) Property: Relative High Temperature Operating Ranges Available Sizes Property Values
Note Subject to Minimum Order Requirements
Standard Length 32.9, 54.9 m 36, 60 yd Available Width 6.35, 12.7, 19.1, and 50.8 mm 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and 2 in Normal Slitting Tolerance ± 0.8 mm ± 1/32 in Core Size (ID) 25.4 mm 1.0 in Handling/Application Information
Tape 924 is ideal for bonding a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials such as metals, glass, wood, papers, paints, and many plastics. Some application ideas include:
• Mounting promotional items, posters, etc.
• Core starting.
• Mounting picture frame mat boards and dust covers.
• Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength.
• To obtain optimum adhesion, the bonding surfaces must be clean, dry and well unified. Typical surface cleaning solvents are isopropyl alcohol and water (rubbing alcohol) or heptane. Note: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use when using solvents.
• Ideal tape application temperature range is 70°F to 100°F (21°C to 38°C). Initial tape application to surfaces at temperatures below 50°F (10°C) is not recommended because the adhesive becomes too firm to adhere readily. However, once properly applied, low temperature holding is generally satisfactory.
Storage and Shelf Life 24 months from date of manufacture when stored in original cartons at 70°F (21°C) and 50% relative humidity.